Test time is right around the corner. In the state of Virginia, public school students are gearing up to take SOLs (my son included) and college students are heading into final exams in a few weeks. So I thought I’d share one of my son’s favorite test-time snacks. We fondly call these “Apple Snacks” and they are super easy and inexpensive to make and they are filling and nutritious to boot. To make them:
- Slice an apple into about 4 slices (about 3/4″ thick).
- Blot the juice from the apple slices with a paper towel–this will help the peanut butter stick.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of peanut butter on each apple slice.
- Sprinkle 1 T. of your favorite granola on top of each slice.
- Top with chocolate chips (if you are a chocoholic like we are!))